8 August 2015

August Book Haul



You can find this on Goodreads.
The first book I started to read early this month was Sputnik Sweetheart, a book by Haruki Murakami, which first published in 1999. I am reading the e-book version (still isn't finished yet), and I can't read this as fast as when I read a physical book. This is the second work of Murakami I read, the first one was Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman. Though, this is the first of his novels that I read. Using his specific characteristic of writing style, Murakami told about Sumire, a girl who fell in love with a girl too, Miu. He used the first person point of view, but the narrator wasn't the main characters. Previously, I also found his tendency to use this kind of point of views in several short stories in Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman.

You can find this on Goodreads.
The second book I read concurrently with Sputnik Sweetheart is The Hundred-year-old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. I borrowed this book from my friend's book shelf, Halimah (she's the one who's a die-hard fan of Ika Natassa). She got this book from a blended package from Litbox. It was a long time since I saw the Indonesian-translated version of this book at several book stores, despite of the fact that I was attracted by its long title about a long-lived old man, I never decided to buy it. Actually, I have had the e-book version, but as you've known it before, I prefer to read a physical book than a digital one. (Although I have read e-book version of some books). I hope I can finished those two books soon, since I have another three books I need to review, from Divapress.


Beside those two (which I haven't finished yet), I have finished reading Seperti Dendam, Rindu Harus Dibayar Tuntas by Eka Kurniawan, one of the Indonesian influential writers. He was given a nickname as "the next Pramoedya Ananta Toer".


Then, I've got these three new-released books from Divapress.

You can find this on Goodreads.

You can find this on Goodreads.


I like the cover of Kafe Serabi and Caraphernelia. The latter has a title that make me wonder what it is about. While, the The Architect is one of a book series called Novel Profesi (a genre published by Divapress which tells story about the main character's profession.) Previously, I have read another books of this genre, included The Violinist, The Dancer, and The Doctor.

That's my August Book Haul. How about yours? Let me know by submitting your comment below! ^^

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Your comment is so valuable for this blog ^^

bloggerwidgets